Friday, October 2, 2009

ARTIST'S WAY CHECK IN - WEEK 4

Week four of our Artist's way was about recovering a sense of Integrity. Julia Cameron insisted that this week we deprive ourselves of all reading. This task is suppose to help unblock ourselves. She asks us to turn our creativity into coming up with new things to do rather then being in the same old routine. For me this was easy as our Internet was down, so I couldn't read blogs or surf the net like I would usually do on a daily basis. I didn't actually realise how much I depended on having the Internet until it was taken away from me. I painted a lot instead and even did some gardening and household cleaning.

In this chapter Julia also talks about that we may begin to have sudden bursts of feelings. One minute we may feel happy and the very next sad. I can identify with this completely. I thought I was going mad! She describes it as walking away from an old situation and into a new one. Being happy about it, but scared at the same time and unsure of what's ahead. This is a growing period for us.


Check in -

1. How many days this week did you do your morning pages?

I missed one day

2. Did you do your artist's date this week?

No. I am really struggling to do this one each week. I always feel my time is better spent doing something productive rather then waisting it on myself.

3. Did you experience any synchronicity this week?

No, not that I have given myself much of a chance.

4. Were there any other issues this week that you consider significant for your recovery?

I finally threw out old clothing that I could not fit into anymore. I would always look at it and it would get me down and depressed. I realised that it was just causing me to be negative about myself so I decided to get it out of my life. I realised I am not 19 years old anymore and that I am now a woman and of course my body shape will change. I feel I am looking at things more clearly now.

5 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Michelle...love your blog and your artwork. I totally get you on #4. And...I JUST pulled out all the clothes in my closet day before yesterday that did not fit me. Kudos! :)

Serena Lewis said...

Great to see you powering on through the chapters to catch up, Shell. Isn't it a freeing experience to let go of those old clothes? I know it made me feel so much better about my body.

Art by Darla Kay said...

I need to clean my closets too! I have a poor body image and hanging onto these 'smaller' sizes is not helping!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend my dear!!
Darla♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,such a life changing process.Sounds like this course is really making you think and feel.

Have you got your teeth sorted?
Do hope so!

I think filing mine down a little is helping. When my muscles were damaged they healed tighter and this caused my teeth to press hard on each other.
On the whole I am picking up.

The good thing is we get better, just takes so long!
I have been thinking about you and hoping your ok?

Do have some time to indulge in yourself!

Meredith said...

I totally understand the urge to use my time on practical tasks rather than indulge in an Artist Date. The first time I did this course, I definitely shirked on the dates -- but this time I've kind of forced myself to do them, and once I'm on the date, I feel so great, I wonder what on earth my resistance is for....

I missed my Artist Dates on Weeks 6 and 7, in fact was too busy to do any of TAW... and I'm really looking forward to my date this week. I definitely miss that time now that I'm accustomed to it.

Here's hoping you & I can both give our inner artist children some quality time this week :)