Monday, November 9, 2009

PHOTO OF THE WEEK

Wow, another Monday! Time is just flying at the moment. Hope you all had great weekends.

I am really excited at the moment because during the week I got to catch up with my very good friend Sally who I haven't seen in over two years. We use to work together at Subway after I finished school, and we became really close friends. Unfortunately we ended up losing contact through lost mobiles, job changes and house moves. I have been missing her like crazy, and this week Sally finally tracked me down through my brother's friend and I went over to visit her on Friday. We had heaps of fun catching up and I got to meet her baby girl who is now 10 months old and her son who I last saw just after he was born, he is now 2. We will definitely not be loosing this friendship again.

Me and Sally's little boy Tyler. He is sooo cute!


In other news I have just been busy in my art room preparing new things and finishing old things.

A new piece I have started


Making lots of pendants


and I plan to make Christmas ornaments out of these blank gift tags


Have a great week :)

10 comments:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

So great that you have found your old friend - it is great when that happens :)

Your pendants look beautiful and the Chrissie ornaments will no doubt be special too!

Cheers and hugz Val xo

Linda Fleming said...

How wonderful that you reconnected with an old friend. I also got in contact with an old friend I haven't talked to in many years. Unfortunately we are too many miles away to see each other in person, but we've been catching up with a flurry of e-mails.

Love the start of your new project- the black and white images are intriquing!

Serena Lewis said...

Awwwww, Tyler IS such a cute, little munchkin! I'm so happy that you and Sally are back in touch.

Your art projects look great. I can't wait to see the finished pieces, Shell.

Love,
Mum xo

Annette Q said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time! Can't wait to see your new work :-)

Alexandra MacVean said...

So glad to hear you had a chance to catch up with your girlfriend! Woot! :) And look...you've been so busy creating! I'm behind! ugh! :) hee hee

Have a super week, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Tyler is so cute. What a wonderful suprise to meet your friend! Make both your lives more richer now you have found one another again.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Michelle,

Wow, you have been really busy creating lovely art. :)
Your friend's little boy is so cute. So happy you found each other again.

Hugs

Beautifully Recreated said...

You are always so busy. Looking forward to seeing the finished result of your WIP.

Shashi Nayagam said...

I don't know why my comment didn't show up but just wanted to say you are so fortunate to have met up with your friend again. I have been trying to reconnect with a friend of mine but so far have not succeeded. I miss her a lot.

Katie m. Berggren art & design said...

I love your pendants in the little bags! I've been trying to come up with a way to package my Glass Art Charms for an upcoming event - do you have a little bag sealer? Or do you buy little bags somewhere?
I love the fresh lightness of your work and your communication style!
Love,
Katie