Monday, March 23, 2009

STOP! PARTY TIME!

Yesterday (Sunday) we had a bit of a family bash to celebrate my Mum's 50th birthday. My lovely Uncle (Mum's brother) and Aunt offered to have the get together at their house at Beaudessert as they live on property. My Mum had no idea what was coming as we all decided to keep it a surprise, and I have to say it worked out pretty well. It was really hard not to accidentally slip up and say something though.

Mum thought she was off to Mount Tambourine for the day with all of her kids, and she was so excited as she has been wanting a family outing for a while now. We were pretending to be going to Mount Tambourine as it's in the same direction as my Uncle's property so we were praying she wouldn't get suspicious. She didn't know until we were pulling into their driveway that something was going on and then all she could say was "what have you done?". When we got out of the car everyone came outside to wish her happy birthday. Mum was totally stunned and the happy tears began. We haven't really properly seen my Uncle and Aunt and their family for over 4 years now so Mum was so happy and shocked to see them all. My Grandma and Grandad where there as well as some old friends. It was a wonderful day for everyone.


Mum about to cut her cake


Alex, Me, Beau, Mum, Reece, Aaron and Bradley


Mum with Grandma and Grandad


Mum with Uncle Billy and Aunty Debbie


Mum with Uncle Billy and Aunty Debbie's Kids


Alex and I


Aaron (my baby brother) and I


Me and my Brother Reece


Me and my Brother Beau

3 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I'm crying those happy tears again. The past two days have been amazing for me! Thanks to everyone of you for making my 50th such a wonderful surprise and oh so special!

love,
mum (serena) xo

Bradley said...

Hi Michelle,

Well, I have to say I really enjoyed reading your 2 posts, the first one with photos of Mum growing up and the one about the party on Sunday! I'm so happy we went to Aunty Debbie's and Uncle Billy's house, it was great seeing everyone again and it was a big surprise for me as well! I'm glad none of you told me about the plans!!

Happy 50th Birthday Mum! I hope you had a wonderful, enjoyable day on your actual Birthday as well! We all think the world of you!

Love Brad!
xox

sandy said...

I'm so glad your mom talked about this blog. Don't tell her I said so, but darn, she sure is pretty for a 50 year old, haha.