Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, after 5 wonderful years together my beautiful partner Alex finally popped the big question. Of course I said yes straight away. I am so happy!!!

I have been back from our holiday for a few days now, and have been dying to post about my big news, but we have been telling the family and I didn't want them to read it here first before we got to tell them in person.

Our holiday was sooooo much fun! Neither of us wanted to come home. The weather was beautiful the whole time so we spent a lot of time in the pool or at the beach, which was just across the road. I really would love to move up to the Sunshine Coast to live one day soon. It is such an amazing place.

Here are a few pics from our holiday -

My fiance (he he!) out at breakfast one morning


Me enjoying my coffee


The ocean across the road from our hotel room


Me in the hotel pool


This beach had a lot of rock pools and you can see the lighthouse in the distance on the cliff


A view from the cliff where the lighthouse sits. We went up there one evening to watch the sun set. It was so beautiful, the photos just don't do it justice!


Another view from the cliff. A lot of people go surfing down there


I am looking forward to catching up on every ones blogs now and seeing what you have all been up to while I was away. Have a great week :)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! BOTH OF YOU!
Yeah! Woohoo!
What fantastic news Michelle. Must of been such a wonderful surprise.
Two young people in love. How beautiful!
I am all mushy now.
Have a great week and all the best for the most amazing marriage ever!

Hugz!

Julie

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Yay for you and your FIANCE! Congratulations!!!
Your vacation photos are wonderful...I'm a bit jealous actually:) We have frost for the first time today so the winter is officially here. Breaking out the knit hat this morning.
Thanks for the kind words on my blog!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Great photos of you and Alex and the ocean! I'm so happy you are engaged now!

Love Brad!
xoxox

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wooo hooo congratulations Michelle!! What a beautiful place to get engaged in. The scenary is awesome.

Art by Darla Kay said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Michelle! I'm so happy for you!!

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats!! :D great news!

the place looks gorgeous in the photos :)

Julie said...

Congrats!!!!!! Yeah! I am so happy for you....enjoy this magical time! xx : )

Kelly Lish said...

Congratulations Michelle! How very exciting!

Micki Wilde said...

*yay* congratulations sweetie x

Unknown said...

What exciting news!! Congratulations Michelle, that is just WoNdErFul!!!
Micah
(vacation pics are great, looks like paradise!)

Serena Lewis said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you, Michelle! YAY!!! We all kinda suspected you may come back from your holiday with a ring on your finger....hehehehe ~ :)

The pics look great and I'm glad the weather stayed nice for you both. It sounded like it was the perfect holiday all round.

Love,
Mum xo

Nicola said...

Congratulations Michelle!!!! I wish you and your hubby to be lots of happiness!!! That's lovely news!!! :0)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you both!!

Annette Q said...

Congratulations to you both!! You'll remember this holiday forever. Thanks for sharing your lovely news and photos :-)

Doris said...

Congratulations Michelle and congratulations to Alex too!! I wish all the best :)
Doris

Linda Fleming said...

Congratulations! What happy news! Your fiance is a very lucky guy, and I hope he never forgets it ;)

What a beautiful place for your get away. Wonderful pictures, Michelle.

purplecat said...

Congrats!! all the very best for the future :) someone to ride out lifes storms with, its the only way!!!

Anonymous said...

My congratulations to you both!!!
That's great and lovely news!!!
Sonata

http://sonataswelt.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Congrats! Now the fun part starts of planning. Enjoy every minute. =)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!
I am so happy for you. I bet your family is very happy too. :)

BumbleVee said...

well, first I saw the title saying you were a pinup girl...then read "engaged" and went huh? whad I miss? .... then I scrolled down...and voila.... there it was.... a lovely holiday.... and a ring and a calendar..and an.. whoa... enuff ..... congrats to you both!!

HElen said...

Congratulations ! Such a wonderful news! Best wishes to both of you!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Congratulations Michelle!!! That's fantastic news! Very happy for you both :-D love Maria

SonatasWelt said...

Congratulations Michelle for both of you!!! That's wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you :)
Sonata

PS: Sorry I am a bit late, but I had problems with my computer system with leaving my comments.